Scrawlr is looking for a full-time Lead infrastructure software developer to join our team.
We have made considerable progress in development of our platform, and we are incredibly excited to bring on additional like-minded individuals to assist in product launch. We are a continuous learning organization, which means that we value humility and a sense of fallibility, truth-seeking dialogue, and a focus on continual improvement. The founder and lead investors in our project have a strong background in a variety of successful, transformational startups, and they are focused and dedicated to our business.
If you are interested in changing the way the world communicates, and then subsequently evaluates and monetizes content, then we would love to speak with you. This position is a unique opportunity for an individual interested in launching a transformational product in a challenging, dynamic work environment.
Required Skills or experience
- A minimum of five (5) years of work experience in a development agency or company development environments
- In-depth knowledge of Linux systems (specifically Ubuntu/Apline)
- Experience with core areas of AWS services
- Experience leading small to midsize multi product backend teams with demonstrated ability to mentor, grow team members as well as provide technical guidance and oversight on implementation direction
- Creating and managing IaC (Infrastructure as code), with emphasis on Terraform scripting and management of multiple systems across stratified environments
- Container tools experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Redis implementation and management with exposure to scaling/sharding, high-availability structures, large-volume data persistency lifecycles, Streams and scripting
- Experience with building and managing large scale Postgres instances/clusters as well as substantial exposure to PL/pgSQL
- Proficiency in Linux and shell scripting (Bash 5.x) as well as experience with Python, Node, Golang
- Experience working with modern frameworks such as VueJS, NestJS, Laravel/Lumen
- Experience building and maintaining customised CI workflows using CircleCI or similar services
- Solid analytical and problem-solving mindset combined with experience troubleshooting large scale systems
- GitHub profile with sample projects you would like to showcase
Nice to have skills or experience
- Experience working in start-up environments
- Substantial experience with Rust/Node.js programming languages and ecosystems
- Solid understanding of building scalable, high performing systems and services
- Expertise with big data, analytics, machine learning, and data personalisation
- Experience using configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Experience with incident response services and workflows (PagerDuty or similar)
- Good working knowledge of API/microservices authentication/security flows (JWT, OAuth and similar)
If our project interests you, we would love for you to apply. Please do not worry if you think that you do not meet all of the qualifications outlined above. The tools, technology, and methodologies of our project are constantly evolving. We value talent, creativity, interest and dedication over specific experience. We utilize a strong talent evaluation system to assess fit and congruence with our needs, and we will always find a role for exceptional people.
Please note: Candidates must be currently authorised to work in Canada.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.